D-Xylose powder, E967, Cas no. 58-86-6, sugar substitute, commonly called wood sugar, obtained from plant cell walls and fiber. Manufacturing process from corn, sugarcane, and birch. D-Xylose is a white crystalline powder. This product is a natural nutrient sweetener, and is manufactured from corn, sugarcane, and birch. It has a cool and refreshing taste and has the same sweetness as sucrose, and it is often used to sweeten a wide variety of foods and beverages such as such as breads, butter, meat products and beverage industry as flavoring agent and sweetener. Specifically, D-Xylose is used to sweeten products intended for use by obese and diabetic customers because it is a non-caloric sweetener. It is used as the raw material for hydrogenation to produce Xylitol. As a professional D-Xylose supplier, we distribute food grade D-Xylose powder FCC/USP/BP/EP feed, food and pharmaceutical grade.
D-Xylose powder food grade Specification
|Packing||In 25kg paper bags|
|Appearance||White crystalline powder|
|D-Xylose content||98.5% min|
|Specific rotation||+18.5 — +19.5°|
|Loss on drying||0.5% max|
|Melting point||145 – 150°C|
|Residue on ignition||0.05% max|
|Heavy metals||0.0005% max|
|Free Acid||0.025% max|
As a professional D-Xylose supplier, we distribute food grade D-Xylose powder FCC USP BP can provide HAPPC, KOSHER, HALAL Certificates.
Upstream: Prices of upstream Corn cobs are stable and supply is stable. Production capacity of the D-Xylose manufacturers didn’t change much.
Downstream: Downstream demand is pretty stable.
Forecast: Considering the current market trend, price of D-Xylose will be stable in the coming months.
- 5.1. Storage: Store in a cool and dry place and Keep away from strong light and heat
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not ingest. Do not breathe dust.
Generally recognized as safe(GRAS) is a FDA designation that a specific substance or ingredient is generally considered safe by experts, and so is exempted from the usual Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) food additive tolerance requirements. D-Xylose is considered safe by FDA according to existing data and granted GRAS status.
No significant side effects of D-Xylose are reported.
1. To produce Xylitol after hydrogenation.
2. Add in feedstuff for pets in some advanced countries.
3. The pure crystalline D-Xylose can be the good material instead of sugar to produce flavor agent by its Maillard reaction. Compared with other six carbon sugar, D-Xylose needs fewer reaction time to get different flavors like roast beef / pork, cooking meat, chicken, baked potato, baking food and etc through different hydrolyzed protein and amino acid response. The FEMA of US is approved D-Xylose as a safe food additive (GRAS).
4. Good high-quality soy sauce color.
5. Raw material for essence to meat.
6. Produce anti-oxidants for food. Read more